Imperio COVID-19 Response *Update 05.19.2020
Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to help protect our patients and staff.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask a set of health-related questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that fewer options will be available for scheduling your appointment.
- We have implemented new protocol for scheduling your appointments and managing your insurance and financial transactions virtually to allow for a contactless exit from your appointment.
- Social distancing measures will be provided in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the clinic.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines as they are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. Hand sanitizers will be positioned throughout the clinic.
- An oral pre rinse will be provided to all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
- We will record the temperature of every patient upon entering the office.
- We have implemented enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
- Ambient air management with HEPA 13 filtration continuously in treatment rooms and common areas to remove germs from circulating air.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures before and after all appointments with mist or fogging devices to access hard to reach places that can be easily missed.
- New personal protection equipment like visors, gowns, and masks for our doctors and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
- Introduce protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
- Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
- Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
Taking into consideration the health or our family, team, patients and those within our community Imperio is committed to doing our part and has closed the doors to our clinic for non essential dental services.
We have kept many of our staff on to address emergencies, answer questions or listen to your concerns. We will continue to keep you updated as information becomes available.
We understand that the British Columbia College of Dental Surgeons are preparing guidelines for our profession to begin seeing patients again and we anticipate that further direction will come in the next week. Meanwhile, we have and will continue to review articles and documents released in other jurisdictions throughout Canada, US and many other countries.
It is our promise that we will, as we have always done in the past, go over and above the minimum standards set forth. In addition to always meeting previous infection control standards, Imperio has also taken the following measures to minimize our staff and our patient’s exposure to aerosol and infectious droplets:
- We have ordered surgical clean air systems to help increase the air quality and exchange during and between appointments.
- In addition to this, we were fortunate to acquire chair-side aerosol evacuation systems. These units are designed to gather 95% of respiratory aerosols during treatment (hygiene and dental services). Because the majority of the treatment that we provide are aerosol producing procedures we have outfitted our clinic with sealing to floor closure, this will effective eliminate cross contamination.
- Finally, we have stepped up hard surface cleaning with environmentally friendly disinfectants.
As a matter of principal, dentistry is safe – being held to the highest surgical disinfection standards used in the medical industry.
Your patience and support is greatly appreciated during this time, stay safe.